Truck Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia
Andrew Lampros is a former trucking company defense attorney who decided he didn’t like defending trucking companies and their insurers against trucking negligence. Therefore, he took what he learned and switched sides to represent truck accident victims. Andrew is an Atlanta truck accident lawyer has recovered millions of dollars for truck accident victims against the large and well financed trucking companies, with the help of his firm Hall & Lampros.
All collisions can be devastating, but few can be as disastrous as one that involves a large commercial Semi truck or tractor-trailer. The complexity and high financial stakes make them more difficult and having an experienced Atlanta truck accident attorney is critical to a successful claim.
Over $400 million recovered – For Your Free Case Evaluation, Call or Text 404-876-8100 Now!
Why You Need an Experienced Trucking Attorney: Trucking Cases Are Different
Trucking cases are complex and involve substantial damages. Commercial trucks weigh up to 80,000 pounds without considering their payload, which causes extreme force and damage in a crash. Trucking accidents often involve multiple vehicle collisions and lead to serious injuries and death.The nature of the injuries and the involvement of multiple vehicles makes the amount of evidence, causal factors, and medical issues more complex. The complexity and high stakes in a trucking case puts a lot of stress on lawyers who are not experienced with such cases.
Standards of care differ from car crashes. Operating an 80,000 pound vehicle with a heavy payload requires different handling procedures for the safe operation of the truck. It takes much more time to stop and slow a truck, it is more dangerous to shift lanes, visibility is more limited, and wind and rain have greater impact on trucks. There also are important issues relating to whether the truck has the proper safety equipment such as automatic breaking systems.Trucking hours of operation, fatigue, and potential substance abuse also are important factors to examine in any truck crash.You need a truck accident lawyer in Atlanta who understands the nuances of trucking operations and truck handling to prosecute a trucking case effectively.
Different Federal and State regulations apply to truckers. Truck safety and operations are regulated by complex federal and local regulations that set heightened safety standards and rules that will apply to trucking cases. Even though federal regulations limit how many hours truckers may drive without taking a break, some trucking companies encourage their truckers to break this rule with disastrous consequences. Trucking attorneys need to be experienced with trucking logs and know how to identify fraudulent logs in some cases. Log review is so important because driver fatigue is so often the cause of trucking crashes.Federal regulations also include truck maintenance and safety standards that are violated by trucking companies. Your lawyer needs to be able to spot lapses in maintenance and violations of safety standards that are relevant to your case. For example, does the truck have proper automatic breaking systems?A trucking lawyer also must always be aware of the potential for substance abuse and the impact such abuse may have on your case. We have litigated substance abuse cases and understanding the complicated testing issues relating to proving substance abuse contributed to cause crashes.
Trucking cases require lawyers with financial power. Trucking cases involve well-funded insurers and defendants who do not roll over and pay just because they cased the accident. It is part of their business model to fight lawsuits even when they are at fault and to throw money to defend the cases in the hope that the victim’s lawyer will take less just to resolve the case. You need a truck accident lawyer in Atlanta with the financial power to go head-to-head with such tactics.
What to Do When You Get In A Truck Accident in Atlanta?
- Check Medical needs: Make sure that you and your passengers are safe and need medical attention.
- Call 911: Call 911 for police and medical attention
- Take Photos/Video: If possible take photos and video of all vehicles involved in the accident, the area around the accident, and anything relating to the cause of the accident
- Move vehicle to safety: move your vehicle out of the traffic lanes if possible and turn on your lights and hazards when doing so.
- Work with Police: when the police arrive, identify what happened to the police officer and explain all of your injuries and any painful condition that you are experiencing.
- Identify Drivers and Witnesses: it is important that you get the name, drivers license number, address, and insurance company and policy information from all other drivers. If possible take a photo of the other drivers’ license and insurance card but remember also to get the phone numb. It is important to get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Get Medical attention: if you are injured seek immediate medical attention. If you do not go the emergency room immediately, follow up with your doctor the next day.
- Contact a lawyer: contact a lawyer even if it is after hours before contacting your insurer.
- Contact Insurance: do not admit fault to any insurance representative and do not agree to recorded or sworn statements. Insurance representatives are trained to get information from you that actually will hurt your case. They do this to limit their own responsibility for providing coverage for the accident. You should speak to a lawyer before speaking with an insurance representative about the details of the accident
What Will Happen When You Call Hall & Lampros
- We Will Come To You: We would like to meet with you in person and are happy to come to you. We also are happy to show you our office if you would prefer to meet there. It helps if we meet in person so that we can better understand the accident and your injuries. We also can meet on the phone, Zoom or by email if that is what you prefer, we want to do what is best and most convenient for you.
- We Check Your Immediate Needs: We will listen to what happened and make sure your immediate medical and financial needs are being met. If your needs are not being met, we will offer resources to make sure you have what you need.
- We Explain the Process: Truck accidents can be complex, but we will spend time with you to explain the process and the laws and let you know what to expect. We will explain the different sources of recovery that may exist and will make sure that you know both the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
- We Get Necessary Information For Immediate Action: We will get all of the information from you to make sure that we can secure the evidence that is needed to prosecute your case. Immediate action includes securing the police report and reviewing all photographs to assess liability. We will examine the vehicle and document vehicle damage. We will determine whether video may exist of the accident from nearby witnesses or from police dashcams or bodycams. We will determine whether computer data may be in the truck that needs to be downloaded, and whether phone records need to be preserved.
- We Take The Burden and Worry Away From You: We will contact the insurance company and inform them that they are not to contact you without our permission: we will deal with the insurance company from then on out so that you do not have to.
- Sources of Recovery: We will analyze the defendant and all sources of recovery including the driver’s auto insurance, homeowners and umbrella insurance, any driver employer coverage, driver assets, and your uninsured motorist coverage. If alcohol or drugs are involved, we will investigate the source of the alcohol and other potentially responsible parties.
- We Keep You Informed: We will continually update you on the progress of the case and the communications with the defendant and insurer.
- We Discuss with You the Value of Your Case: When you reach medical improvement to enable the settling of your case, we will spend a good bit of time discussing with you the strengths and weaknesses of your case and provide detailed recommendation of what the case is worth, and what the prospects for settlement are.
- We Demand Full Compensation: We will then make a detailed demand to the insurers with the threat of litigation if the case does not settle.
- We Do Not Waste Time and File Suit if Necessary: If the case does not promptly resolve, we will not waste time and will sue all responsible parties to secure the best result for you.
- We Secure the Best Recovery and Help With All Outstanding Medical Bills: Before we recommend a settlement, we make sure you know what you will
- We Provide Peace of Mind: suffering a personal injury is a difficult experience that creates many different types of stress. We try to take the worry away so that you can be secure in knowing that you are taken care of: we provide peace of mind.
According to data published by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the number of large truck accidents involved in deadly collisions have been steadily increasing in the last few years. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2018, there were a total of 4,951 truck accidents, a near 10 percent increase from 2017.
Contact Hall & Lampros to Schedule a Free Consultation
The Atlanta truck accident lawyers at Hall & Lampros have successfully litigated many types of cases including: rear end collisions, T-Bone collisions, minor traffic accidents, truck driver drunk driving and trucking accidents involving cyclists and pedestrians. Call or text 404-876-8100 today to schedule a free consultation.